MSc Behavioral and Organizational Psychology
AIHE Academic Institute for Higher Education GmbH / MSc Behavioral and Organizational Psychology im Detail
The Master's program in Behavioral and Organizational Psychology is a one-year distance learning course offered in cooperation with the London Metropolitan University, which requires no attendance and can be started without a first degree (without a Bachelor's degree). It provides the basics of psychology, such as social psychology or industrial psychology, and deepens and expands existing knowledge. It is suitable for those who have already completed their first university degree and would like to develop further after several years of professional experience.
Main Programme Focus
The content and structure of the Master's programme support a practice-oriented understanding of Business Psychology. Starting from the introduction to the fundamentals about the programme, Business Psychology contents and competences are systematically imparted, whereby successive modules aim to analytically tie in with the knowledge acquired in the previous module so that they can be integrated for the understanding of the following module.
Depending on professional requirements and areas of responsibility, students develop a theoretical understanding and associated skills in the field of Business Psychology.
The content of the one-year Master's programme is based on the following seven focal points:
Foundations of Research in Business Psychology
• Scientific research methods in Business Psychology
• Basics of scientific work
• Critical evaluation
Introduction to Business Psychology
• History and future directions of Business Psychology
• Career field and pathways in Business Psychology
• Theories and applications
Psychology of the Individual: Personality and Intelligence
• Concepts of personality and personality traits
• Concepts of intelligence and emotional intelligence
• Motivational theories and their application at work
Mental and Physical Well-Being at Work
• Work satisfaction and job-engagement
• Workload and work life balance
• Prevention and Interventions in healthy organizations (i.e. stress, bullying)
Psychology of Interpersonal Relations and Managing People
• Interpersonal relationships and group dynamics
• Communication and conflicts
• Leadership and managing people
• Definitions, characteristics, and functions of organizational culture
• Human resource management and personnel development
• Organizational development and change management
First degree (at least Bachelor) from a recognised German or comparable other foreign university
the equivalent of the first university degree is considered to be at least six years' relevant professional experience.
In addition, the following additional specializations are welcome: knowledge in the field of psychology, (e.g. clinical psychology, social psychology, business psychology), leadership, coaching, systemic counselling, conversation skills.
All those interested, which do not have a first university degree, must take a written admission test and an entrance assessment by telephone.
1st February (Summer Semester). Application deadline: 15 December.
1st September (Winter Semester). Application deadline: 15 July.